Every day volunteers improve the lives of animals and play a vital role in the success of our local rescue organizations, which care for over 30,000 animals each year.
Volunteers enrich the lives of homeless pets while they wait for their forever families and help build a community where people value animals and treat them with respect and kindness.
Volunteering with FoMA
- There are many ways that you can help FoMA carry out its life-saving mission, including helping us at events, fundraisers, with special campaigns, pet transports, pet food distributions, and more.
Volunteering with our Rescue Partners
Individuals who wish to volunteer their time and services with our rescue partners will need to complete the volunteer applications and requirements of each individual organization. In general, these are the requirements for volunteering in our local shelters:
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older (younger ages are allowed if volunteering with a parent or adult volunteer).
- Commit to a requirement of 6 months (approximately 100 hours).
- Attend a volunteer orientation or training.
- Adhere to any volunteer dress codes and other safety requirements.
To get started, fill out our form, and someone from our team will be in touch with you soon.