Volunteering at MDAS
- Miami-Dade Animal Services welcomes volunteers. Your participation and fresh ideas can help enrich lives, and toward finding forever, loving homes for homeless dogs and cats.
- Volunteers receive training and orientation as well as an introduction to the services and the mission of Miami-Dade County Animal Services.
Individuals who wish to volunteer their time and services to Miami Dade Animal Services must complete the following:
- Volunteers must be 16 years of age or older (or 15 if volunteering with a parent or adult volunteer).
- Commit to a requirement of 6 months (100 hours).
- Must pass a criminal history background check provided by ASD. Volunteers 15 years old will have the background check done along with their parent or legal guardian.
- Be able to effectively communicate in the English language.
- Attend a volunteer orientation.
- Adhere to the volunteer dress code (long khaki pants, closed-toe shoes, and volunteer t-shirt that will be provided).
- Complete and return the volunteer application
You must attend a two-hour volunteer orientation session to become a volunteer. Sessions are held at the following times and locations:
Pet Adoption and Protection Center
- Every Saturday at 10 AM
- The first and third Thursday of every month at 5 PM
Petco Adoption Center: 6200 South Dixie Hwy, South Miami, FL 33143